This official ITIL Foundation certification course provides you with a general overview of the IT Service Management Lifecycle which is outlined in ITIL’s five core books – Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement. This course provides a practical understanding of ITIL® 2011 key concepts, principles, processes, and functions and prepares students to pass the ITIL® Foundation exam
- The ITIL Foundation course will be of interest to:
- Individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework;
- Individuals who need understanding of how ITIL can be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization;
- IT professionals or others working within an organization that has adopted the ITIL framework and who need to be informed about, or contribute to an ongoing service improvement programme.
- A typical role includes (but is not restricted to): IT Management, IT Consultants, Help Desk Officers, Business managers, Service Desk and IT Support Staff
- Take the world’s most popular classroom-based ITIL Foundation course from the originators of ITIL training in North America
- Industry-leading – benefit from ITGRC’s highly knowledgeable consultants and reputation for providing the highest exam pass rates in the industry Convenient – courses scheduled in Colombo regularly through the year
- Comprehensive – accredited courseware covers key areas of ITIL, preparing you for the official exam
COURSE & INSTRUCTOR ACCREDITATION
ITGRC is globally accredited to provide ITIL education for the certification program. The organization is accredited by the Examination Institute for Information Science (EXIN ).
Your instructor is a highly experienced ITIL-certified member of ITGRC senior consulting team. Further, he or she is qualified to teach this course as defined by ITGRC's internal Certified Trainer Program. You can expect to learn from an individual with the industry’s deepest knowledge on how to lead a successful implementation project. This knowledge is a direct result of ITGRC’s vendor neutrality – as well as many years of experience .
ITIL concepts are covered in this course
The Foundation Certificate enables participants to understand the basic terms, concepts and relationships between the ITIL processes and functions.
- The Service Lifecycle
- Essential terminology
- Service Strategy
- Service Strategy Processes: Financial Management for IT Services, Service Portfolio Management, Business Relationship Management
- Service Design
- Design Coordination & Service Level Management
- Service Catalog Management & Supplier Management
- Capacity Management and Availability Management
- IT Service Continuity Management & Information Security Management
- Service Transition, Transition Planning & Support and Knowledge Management
- Service Asset & Configuration Management
- Change Management
- Release & Deployment Management
- Service Operation
- Service Desk
- Other Functions
- Event Management
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Request Fulfillment & Access Management
- Continual Service Improvement
- The Seven-Step Improvement Process
- Service Automation
There are no pre-requisites for the Foundation program but a basic IT literacy and knowledge of IT services is desirable.
The recommended minimum contact hours for the eLearning course is 18.
The program combines presentations supported by accredited training materials. There are also quizzes and exercises (marking scheme provided) to ensure learners are testing their knowledge and competency to enhance understanding of key concepts. Revision questions and a mock examination help to prepare for the multiple-choice APMG examination.
- Multimedia presentations;
- Downloadable resources (PDF documents)
- End of module review questions to assess your content knowledge; and
- A full 40 question sample exam to assist in your exam preparation.
About the Examination:
- It is recommended that students should complete at least 18 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the ITIL Foundation book in preparation for the examination.
- The syllabus can be downloaded from:
- The exam is a closed book exam with forty (40) multiple choice questions.
- Exam duration is a maximum 60 minutes for all candidates in their respective language
- Pass score is 26/40 or 65%
Project Management Institute Professional Development Units (PDUs) = 18
Is this course accredited?
Yes! APMG/EXIN, the official ITIL accreditors, have accredited this course and the instructors who teach it as providing high-quality training in IT Service Management. Fees for the Public Courses: LKR 80,000
PICK A DATE!